Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tutu Fun

Well I couldn't resist. After creating these classic, and very full, ballerina tutus for my daughter's Birthday party, my mother in-law told me I should be selling them. In her words, "a poofy ballerina tutu is hard to find." So I thought...why not. I just listed my tutus in my Etsy shop for $35 each. (www.awellkeptnest.etsy.com)

Each girl that attended the party received a tutu. These were pale pink and pale orange since it was an October party. The girls ran around in them the whole time. It was really cute, then they got to take them home as a party favor!

I certainly love all things girlie. So making ballerina tutus and knowing that joy and imaginative play will result is a great feeling!

1 comment:

Timaree said...

I just came over from Layers on Layers blog where I saw your snow picture. The tutu is super and your daughter models it so sweetly. My granddaughter is only into gymnastics (competition level) and although she had some lessons in ballet they were to help with gymnastics so she won't be wearing any pretty tutus.

I also saw your web page and etsy. I love your brooms. I have painted stools and tables, toothpick holders and flower pots but it never entered my mind to paint a broomstick! But why not a broomstick. We use them so much we ought to have pretty ones.

I enjoyed my visit.