Friday, January 16, 2009


Well Winter is officially upon us. Today's temperature, 7 degrees. It is cold. I love this time of year despite the fact that my woodstove can not work hard enough to warm the Summer kitchen part of our house that we call a living room. Oh the irony.
We are patiently waiting for a substantial snowstorm and the opportunity for snow fun. In the meantime, I am painting the joys of Winter. Bundling up and venturing out with a friend, snowman building, and the quiet calm that seems to come in Winter when the holidays are behind us and we settle in for the long haul.
And, while I am enjoying the days of hot chocolate, I have to admit I've cracked my seed catalog a few times already in anticipation of next Summer's garden!!



1 comment:

Kerry Flanagan said...

i am hoping to plant my first garden this year! My father was a farmer and had a wonderful garden when I was a child. Where do you order your seeds from?