Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Cowboy Kitty

I should be a more dedicated blogger, but I am not. For the most part I think a blog seems sort of self important. On the same note, I do like to share the inspiration behind my art. It is nice to have a place to share.
Today's piece titled, "The Cowboy Kitty," was inspired by my 2-year old friend and neighbor, Jack, who recently celebrated his Birthday. Every time he comes to visit he shows great affection for my black cat, Eli. In fact he talks about Eli when he is at home. Knowing that his bedroom was done in a cowboy theme, the concept of the Cowboy Kitty came to mind. I wrote the poem first then illustrated.
The Cowboy Kitty whistles a wrangler's tune.
He practices with his lasso, trying to catch the moon.
His cow's name is Milkshake. He wears a spiffy hat.
Such a handsome feline, that frisky Cowboy Cat.

I hope the painting brings Jack many smiles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should not divulge your inspiration, it makes you seem shallow

April said...

What part of being inspired by a 2-year old little boy and my cat makes me shallow? This is a painting of a Cowboy Cat. I don't think the inspiration is such a long shot.

Tina said...

I also find the idea of a blog to smack of self-importance, seeing as how I had to maintain one for college course-work and haven't kept up with it since... Sometimes life has a way of getting in the way of life... I appreciate knowing what inspires a creative mind. To me, inspiration comes from within - not the surface. Inspiration is a positive force that should be shared regardless, so thanks for that.