Monday, July 21, 2008

Strawberry Scoop


A "city girl" I am not.
I grew up in the sticks, spent my college years living in a holler and now reside surrounded by cornfields and rolling hills. This would explain why most of my pieces have very rural settings.
The city has much to offer, though. I love the action and culture, the movement and dance of the city. And so I moved to a city landscape for this piece titled, "Strawberry Scoop."
This time, as per the advice of my husband, I put my poem on the outer border of the frame giving me a bit more room to illustrate.

A strawberry scoop fills me with bliss
There is nothing quite like it on days like this
When the sun is high and hot as can be
And the best spot to be is under a tree
My dog's happy too because he's out and about
And the last bite of my ice cream is his, no doubt

No comments: